Why Bosses Should Encourage their Employees to Work From Home
Did you know that one in five Americans work from home? That’s over 30 million people, and it’s a number that continues to rise. Many bosses wrongly assume that employees who work from home are lazy and spend most of their time watching TV in their pajamas. Here are some encouraging statistics in favor of allowing your employees to work from home:
- Over 3 million American employees never set foot in their actual business. In other words, they only work from home. 54% of these people report they are happier with this employment situation.
- 9 million Americans will work from home by 2016. That’s a 63% increase since 2012.
- Management professionals are most likely to work from home. Employees who are part of the farming and fishing industry are less likely to work from home (obviously).
- Employees who work from home 50% of the time save their employers $11,000 per year.
- Employees who work from home will save approximately $2,000 – $7,000 per year.
- 79% of Americans would prefer to work from home part of the time.
- According to Forbes, Alpine Access, one of the nation’s largest all-virtual employers, attributes a 30% increase in sales and 90% reduction in customer complaints to its home-based agents.
- In one year, the greenhouse reduction of working from home would be the equivalent of taking the entire state of New York’s employees permanently off the road.
- Both full-time and part-time employees report that they have less emotional and physical fatigue than on-site workers.
If you’re contemplating allowing your employees to work from home, the above statistics should be very encouraging. Managers don’t need to directly observe their employees to measure their productivity. Setting expectations and reasonable goals will ensure your business meets and exceeds your profit goals.
YourOffice offers you a wide choice of office and workspace solutions: single or multiple offices, team/conferencing/meeting spaces and virtual office packages. You’ll have access to a complete array of office support and concierge services as well as state-of-the-art business technology.