Tips for Designing Your Home Office
Here are 10 tips for creating a charming, practical work space:
- Location, location, location: You’ll likely spend many hours in your home office, so don’t stiff yourself on space (e.g. squishing a tiny desk into a windowless closet to preserve the rarely-used guest room).
- Don’t sacrifice form for function: Home office furniture should complement other rooms in your house instead of screaming “soulless cubicle.” If your home has traditional décor, warm wood and soft, comfy chairs or a loveseat are ideal if you have the space. A contemporary home office can feature artistic pieces or modern metal furniture.
- Invest in a great chair: You spend hours parked in your office chair; a beautiful, ergonomically-correct, comfortable seat is worth every dime.
- Paint the walls a color you love: Forget “office beige”: you need a color that gets your work motor humming. For some people, that’s a bright, cheery color like orange or lime green.
- Give yourself a view: Position the desk where you can stare at something more interesting than a blank wall when you glance up from the computer.
- Master your technology: There’s not much you can do to beautify the computer, printer, and phone, but you can hide unsightly cords. Start by making sure your equipment is close to outlets and easy to access if you need to unplug.
Whether your home office is designated space for running a business, the occasional telecommute, or simply a nook for paying bills and organizing your schedule, you deserve more than a metal desk and extra chair stuffed into a spare corner.
You can read the more information about designing your home office by clicking here.
The Smarter Way To Office. Whether you are a small business owner or a large enterprise, everything you need to optimize your business performance is right here – from day one. Your workplace comes complete with furniture, telephone lines and equipment, secure high-speed Internet access and a world-class business support team.
YourOffice is a world-class network of business centers providing clients with fully serviced full-time offices, virtual offices and meeting rooms, all available with flexible terms and on-demand.
Photo Credit: sxates